纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 65 课: Am I back in your good books? 我又重新得宠了吗?

Grandma: ...and I always fold the sheets army style... ……而且我总是将床单折得像豆腐干一样……

Johnny: Uh, huh. 喔。

Grandma: That way they look good the next morning no matter what kind of hanky-panky has been going on. 那样一来,不管经过什么胡搞瞎搞,隔天一早看起来还是完好如初。

Johnny: And what about these pillow cases? 那这些枕头套要怎么弄?

Grandma: Well, after you wash them and press them, just stick a pillow in 'em. 洗过烫平之后,你只要塞一个枕头进去就好了。

Johnny: Like this? 像这样?

Grandma: That's upside down! Can't you get anything right? 颠倒了啦!你怎么什么都做不好?

Mom: Johnny, I want to thank you. 钱宁,我想谢谢你。

Johnny: What do you mean, Mom? For breaking your best china? 妈,你的意思是什么?谢我打破你最好的瓷器吗?

Mom: Oh, Johnny, that stuff was dollar store junk. No, I want to thank you for keeping Grandma busy. 喔,钱宁,那不过是一元商店的便宜货。不,我是要谢谢你一直让奶奶有得忙……

Johnny: Well, it's more like she kept me busy... 呃,比较像她让我一直有得忙吧……

Mom: I know, and normally she's trying to tell ME how to clean MY house. So, thank you. 我知道,一般她都是想教 ‘我’如何清理 ‘我’家。所以谢谢你。

Johnny: Am I back in your good books? 我又重新得宠了吗?

Mom: Not only that, but I'm going to buy you that video game after all! 不只如此,我终于要帮你买新电玩游戏了!