纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 66 课: Is everything on track? 一切都还上轨道吧?

Kai: What am I doing on this plane? Look at me! I weigh one hundred kilos! 我在这班飞机上干嘛?看看我!我体重一百公斤!

Tiff: Look-your English is great. Mr. Lee knows what he's doing, sending you here. 听着——你的英文很好。李先生派你过来,他知道自己在干嘛。

Kai: I hope so, but he must know I'm not exactly the poster boy for diet supplements! 希望如此,但他一定知道我不是减重食品的绝佳代言人!

Tiff: Remember what Mr. Lee always says: “Anything is possible!” 记着李先生那句话:‘天下无难事!’

Kai: Whatever. I'm going to try to keep a positive attitude. 随便。我得试着保持积极的态度。

Tiff: That's the spirit! L.A. is the land of dreams! 这才对嘛!洛杉矶是个充满梦想的地方!

Ocean: Welcome to the City of Angels! How was the flight? 欢迎来到天使之城!搭这趟飞机还好吧?

Tiff: Not bad-watched movies I'd seen a million times before. Is everything on track? 不错——看了几部早看过一百万遍的电影。一切都还上轨道吧?

Ocean: Yes. The sun is shining; the air is fresh. My two dear new friends from the Orient have arrived. 没错。阳光普照,空气清新。两位东方的新朋友远道而来。

Tiff: It's, uh...nice to meet you, too. Our boss Mr. Lee told us good things about you. 呃……我也很高兴认识你。我们的老板李先生曾经向我们赞美你。

Ocean: Yes, Charlie and I go way back. He and I used to surf together in the 60s, back when he studied here. 是啊,查理跟我是老交情了。六○年代当他在这里读书时,我们常常一起冲浪。

Kai: I didn't know Mr. Lee was a surfer! 我倒不知道李先生当初是个玩冲浪的。

Ocean: Charlie has always been way ahead of his time. And he's a true renaissance man. 查理一直远远领先时代潮流。他还是个多才多艺的人。

Kai: Mr. Lee never ceases to amaze me. A middle-aged Taiwanese man into healthy living, who's also a surfer! What's next? 李先生一直让我惊奇不断。一个中年台湾男人热中于健康生活,还是个玩冲浪的!然后呢?

Ocean: Knowing Charlie, I always thought you Chinese respected health and nature. I'm all into Taoism, myself. 因为认识查理,我一直以为你们华人崇敬健康和自然。我自己就非常迷道家思想。

Kai: Wow, I didn't realize that you Americans would be so interested in Eastern things. 哇,我都不知道你们美国人会对东方事物这么有兴趣。