纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 69 课: Did you sleep well? 睡得好吗?

Kai: Speaking of plastic surgery.... Wow, she doesn't look all that different in
person! 才说到整型呢……。哇,她本人看起来跟在电视上几乎没啥不同!

Tiff: Who's she sitting with? Oh, my God-it's Kid Rock! This is amazing to be this close to such big stars! Maybe they'd be interested in endorsing our products? 她跟谁坐在一起?天啊——是巨石小子!跟这种大明星坐这么近,真是不可思议!或许他们会有兴趣代言我们的产品?

Kai: Are you crazy? You think they'd talk to nobodies like us? 你疯啦?你想他们会跟我们这种无名小卒说话?

Tiff: Kid Rock could really use some of our diet tea. Remember what Ocean said about networking? 巨石小子会需要我们的减肥茶。还记得阿海说要拓展人脉吗?

Nikki: [Yawns] Good morning, Wen. Did you sleep well? (打呵欠)早安,小雯。睡得好吗?

Wen: Yeah. I had a great time at the party last night, too. 好啊。昨晚的派对我也玩得很开心。

Nikki: Wasn't it phat? Tonight's gonna be chill, though. We're going to a film festival and step show. 很赞吧?不过今晚的活动就会轻松许多了。我们会去看影展以及step dancing的表演。

Wen: Well, I'm down for whatever. Howard is a blast. [looking around] It's nice to have some time to look around your place. 呃,都好。在哈沃德很愉快。(环顾四周)有时间可以看看你住的地方也很好。

Nikki: You like it? It's all my stuff-'cause I live in a single. 你喜欢吗?全都是我的东西——因为我住在单人房。

Wen: The decorations are cool. [picks up some Kwanzaa candles] 摆饰都很酷。(拿起一些广栽文化节的蜡烛)

Nikki: Those are for Kwanzaa, a holiday. 那些是在广栽文化节用的,是一个节日。

Wen: I've heard of that. [looking around] I like that calendar with black men. Wow! You have birthday cards with black people on them. 我有听过。(环顾四周)我喜欢那个有男性黑人的日历。哇!你的生日卡上有黑人耶!

Nikki: Why would my mom give me a birthday card with white people? 我妈给我有白人的卡片干么?

Wen: [Looking at Nikki's books] Fanon. Is he a black philosopher? (看妮琪的书)法农。他是黑人哲学家吗?

Nikki: Yep. There's some stuff by Toni Morrison and Audre Lorde...and a book about Egyptian and other African sciences. 是啊。还有一些唐妮莫莉森和奥黛莉罗德的作品……还有一本关于埃及和其它非洲科学的书。

Wen: But, I thought Egypt was considered a part of Asia. 可是,我以为埃及被视为亚洲的一部分。