纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 70 课: Wanna watch? 想看吗?

Nikki: Ha-ha. That's funny. Some white people think it's European. Well, there's a strong black legacy in the sciences. [thump, thump] 哈哈。真有意思。有些白人以为它是欧洲国家。呃,黑人在科学这方面留下了许多遗产。(砰砰声传来)

Wen: I'm sure there is. I just never learned about any black scientists. [pointing at a poster] Who's this George Washington Carver? 我相信。我只是从未听过黑人科学家。(指着一张海报)乔治华盛顿卡佛是谁?

Nikki: He's a chemist who invented peanut butter. This guy [pointing] was Benjamin Banneker, an architect who helped design D.C. [thump] 他是位发明花生酱的化学家。这个人(指着另一人)是班杰明班诺克,他是一位协助设计华盛顿特区的建筑家。(砰砰声)

Wen: Cool. What is that noise? 了不起。是什么在吵啊?

Nikki: That's some guys practicing for the step show tonight. Wanna watch? 是有些人在为今晚的step dancing表演练习。想看吗?

Wen: Can we? I'd love to! 可以吗?我很想看!

Nikki: Hey, guys! This is my friend, Wen from UCLA. 嗨,大伙儿!这是我的朋友小雯,她从加州大学洛杉矶分校来。

Tyrel: Hey, how you feelin’? I'm Tyrel, and this is Steve. Sorry, we disturbin’ you ladies? My bad. 嗨,你好吗?我是特瑞,这是史帝夫。不好意思,我们打扰到你们了吧?都是我不好。

Nikki: Naw. Actually, Wen ain't seen much steppin’. She wanted to come check it out. 没啦。其实,小雯没见过几次step dancing。她想要来瞧瞧。

Tyrel: Fo real? Well, y'all are goin’ to the festival tonight, right? 真的吗?呃,你们今晚都要去看影展,对吧?

Nikki: Yeah, yeah. Y'all gonna come correct? 对啊,对啊。你们都会表现正常吧?

Tyrel: [Rolls his eyes] Please! Don't even front. You know we the shit! (白她一眼)拜托!别装了,你知道我们是最棒的!

Nikki: You just talkin’! Let's see it, then. [she backs up] 你别光说不练!那就让我们好好瞧一瞧。(她退后)