纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 71 课: That looks hard! 那看起来好难

Tyrel: I got the skills. Here, I'll go easy on you. [step, hit, clap, hit, step,
hit...] 我可是很行的。来吧,我只教你一点简单的。(踏步、搥、拍手、搥、踏步、搥……)

Wen: Whoa! That looks hard! 哇!那看起来好难!

Tyrel: Naw. It's easy. Watch: Step right, hit your right leg, clap, hit your chest, step left, hit your left leg. Then change sides and repeat. [repeats] You try. 不会。很简单。看着:往右踏、搥右腿、拍手、搥胸、往左踏、搥左腿。然后换边,再重复。(重复)你试试。

Wen: OK, but no laughing, Nikki! [slowly] Step right, hit your leg, clap... 好吧,但是不可以笑,妮琪!(慢慢地)往右踏、搥腿、拍手……

Tyrel: There ya go! Just keep repeating. 就是这样!就一直重复。

Wen: [Going faster] I think I got it! Step, hit, clap, hit...[hits her face] Ouch! (动作变快)我想我抓到诀窍了!踏步、搥、拍手、搥……(打到她的脸)哎唷!

Tyrel: Whoa, girlfriend. Scared o’ you! Is your face aight? 哇,小姐。真服了你!你的脸还好吧?

Wen: [Rubbing her jaw][Nikki is giggling] Ow! I said no laughing, Nikki! (揉下巴)(妮琪咯咯地笑)噢!我说过不准笑的,妮琪!

Tyrel: You hit yourself pretty hard. 你搥自己还真是用力。

Wen: I'm fine. It's mostly my pride that's hurt. But thanks for the lesson, Tyrel. I think we have to go to the film festival soon. [starts to leave] 我很好。只有我的自尊心受伤了。不过,还是谢谢你帮我上了一课,特瑞。我想我们差不多要去影展了。(准备离开)

Tyrel: It's all good. Just keep practicing! There's a special event tonight that you might dig. See y'all later! 没问题。要继续练习!今晚有个特别活动,也许你会喜欢。待会儿见。

Wen: [Waving] OK. See you guys tonight. Bye, Tyrel! (挥手)好。今晚见。拜拜,特瑞!

Wen: So what's the film festival like? 影展会是什么情况?

Nikki: They'll have great stuff. The blaxploitation spoof, Hollywood Shuffle; some classics like Do The Right Thing and The Color Purple... 会有一些很赞的玩意。有讽刺黑人商业片的电影《好莱坞骗局》;还有一些经典片如《为所应为》和《紫色姐妹花》……

Wen: I've seen that one. Didn't Whoopi Goldberg get an Academy Award nomination for that? 我有看过那部。琥碧戈珀不是因那片得到奥斯卡奖提名吗?

Nikki: Yeah. Oprah did, too. Did you know Oprah has a production company named Harpo? 对啊,欧普拉也是。你知道欧普拉有个叫‘哈泼’的制片公司吗?

Wen: No, I didn't. Oprah has her own production company? 不,我不知道。欧普拉有她自己的制片公司啊?

Nikki: Oh, hell yeah! 噢,当然啰!