纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 75 课: That's so cruel 好残忍

Taylor: I saw her and realized all the pains I'd been having were love pains. 我看着她,发现原来我所有的痛苦都是为爱所苦。

Holly: Are you telling me you're completely healthy? 你是说你的健康根本没问题吗?

Taylor: Disappointed I'm not at death's door? Afraid I was going to bite the big one? 很失望我没在鬼门关前徘徊吗?担心我是要上西天了吗?

Holly: That's terrible to say. Where were you? I called and called. The hospital said... 说那种话真是太糟糕了。你跑去哪了?我一直打电话,医院说……

Taylor: ...the other Taylor died. This Taylor was wining and dining Femi. ……另外一个泰勒死了。这个泰勒当时正在请费咪吃吃喝喝。

Holly: You won't let her get away again, will you? 你不会再让她离你而去了吧?

Taylor: Over my dead body! [laughs] 除非我死了!(笑)

Yi-jun: Oh, my god! What is he doing to that poor calf? 天啊!他在对那只可怜的小牛做什么?

Holly: It's called a dogie. He's roping it. 那是只走失的小牛。他在用绳子套住它。

Yi-jun: That's so cruel. Are they going to barbecue him? 好残忍!他们要把它烤来吃吗?

Holly: Hah! No, it's a contest. Cowboys used to rope sick calves to give them medicine. 哈!不是,这是比赛。牛仔从前常要套住生病的小牛给它们吃药。

Yi-jun: Glad I'm not a calf! Look, those guys got their holidays confused. They think it's Halloween! 还好我不是小牛!看,那些人搞混节日了。他们以为这是万圣节!

Holly: They're rodeo clowns, Yi-jun. They help guys get away from bulls in the
bull-riding contest. 那是牛仔竞技会小丑,怡君。他们帮助在骑牛赛中跌落的人逃过牛的追赶。