纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 85 课: It always helps to see a familiar face. 能看到熟面孔永远是件好事

Gimi: Yi-jun, thank you for coming! I knew you wouldn't let me down. 怡君,谢谢你来捧场!我就知道你不会让我失望。

Yi-jun: [Gives flowers to Gimi] These are for you. You look great! I see the artist's life is treating you well. (献花给吉米)这些花是给你的。你看起来真不赖!看得出来艺术家的生活让你如鱼得水。

Gimi: It's a real pleasure to be able to share this night with you. 能跟你一起共度今夜真是荣幸。

Yi-jun: Oh, like it matters that I'm here. There's a great turnout. 喔,好像我来很重要似的。有好多人出席喔。

Gimi: It always helps to see a familiar face. 能看到熟面孔永远是件好事。

Yi-jun: You flirt! [Holly walks up] Gimi, this is Holly. I told you about her. 嘴巴真甜!(荷莉走上前)吉米,这是荷莉。我跟你提过她。

Gimi: [Obviously bothered] Oh, uh... excuse me. I have to go! [walks away] (明显不安)喔,嗯……不好意思。我得走了!(走开)

Yi-jun: Sorry about my friend. That was pretty out-of-character for him. 我为我的朋友跟你道歉。那对他来说可是相当失常。

Holly: I guess I have that effect on men. He looked like a deer caught in the
headlights. 我猜男人看到我就会那个样子吧。他看起来像是突然被车头灯吓到的鹿。

Yi-jun: Anyway, let's change the subject! I smell something baking in the kitchen! Is it for me? 我们还是换个话题吧!我闻到厨房在烤东西!是烤给我的吗?

Holly: Yes, so keep your nose out. It's a surprise. When's your commencement, by the way? 对,所以别多管了。那是个惊喜。顺道一提,你的毕业典礼是什么时候?

Yi-jun: Hel-lo! I already had it in June... 喂!我在六月时就已经参加过啦……

Holly: [Thinking] ...when I went to visit my folks, right? I don't remember you telling me anything about it, though. (想)……在我去探望父母时吗?不过我不记得你跟我提过。