纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 88 课: Sounds like a plan. 听来不错

Yi-jun: Wei...I mean [yawns] hello? 喂……我是说(打呵欠)哈啰?

Taylor: I hate to take you away from your sweet dreams, but we've got a party to go to today. 我实在不愿把你从美梦中叫醒,可是我们今天有个派对要去啊。

Yi-jun: [Looks at the clock] I must have overslept! I'll go wake Holly up. We'll be ready in thirty. (看钟)我一定是睡过头了!我要去叫醒荷莉。我们三十分钟内就会准备好。

Taylor: Make sure you bring your cap and gown. We want to get a few pictures. 一定要记得带你的毕业帽和长袍。我们想要拍几张照片。

Yi-jun: Aw, man! I don't even know where I put them. Hey, aren't we doing a
picnic-style party? 啊,天啊!我连把它们搁在哪都不知道。嘿,我们不是要弄一个野餐派对吗?

Taylor: That's what you wanted; that's what we're doing. 你之前这么想,我们就是这么办。

Gimi: [To Holly] Taylor just invited me to Monday's Labor Day cookout. [Holly looks surprised] (对荷莉)泰勒刚邀请我去参加星期一的劳动节野炊。(荷莉一脸惊讶)

Taylor: But you have that game to shoot. 但你要去拍摄那场球赛。

Gimi: No, that's Sunday. You know, I could get you a pass to be down on the sidelines with me. 不,那是星期天。我可以帮你弄张通行证,让你跟着我直接去场边观赛。

Taylor: You could? Awesome! Hey, why don't you come to my place tomorrow? Some guys are getting together to watch some ball. 你可以吗?赞!嘿,你明天何不来我家?一些男生会聚在一起看球。

Gimi: Sounds like a plan. [to Holly] Will I see you at the cookout? 听来不错。(对荷莉)我会在野炊时见到你吗?

Taylor: Oh, she'll be there since you're coming. [Holly kicks him] OUCH! 喔,你来她就会来了。(荷莉踢他)痛!

Taylor: What a pass! [to Rich] Hurts to lose, doesn't it, Rich! 传得好!(对里奇)输了很难过吧,里奇!

Gimi: [Rich yells out “whatever” Man, you guys are really into this game. (里奇大喊 ‘去他的’)哇,你们对这场球赛还真入迷呢。

Taylor: That's because we've got a pool going. I bet on the Jets over the Skins forty-one to seventeen. 那是因为我们有下赌注。我赌喷射机队会以四十一比十七赢红人队。

Gimi: Yeah, I saw the poster board with all the bets when I got here. Got any more beer? 对呀,我来的时候,有看到布告纸板上有一堆赌金。还有啤酒吗?

Taylor: Are you kidding? We've got a keg on the back porch. Hey, grab me a bag of chips while you're at it. 你在说笑吗?我们放了一个啤酒桶在后门廊。嘿,你顺手帮我拿包洋芋片。

Gimi: Sure. [shouts] Oh yeah, interception! Sorry, man, my money's on the Redskins. 当然。(大喊)喔耶,拦截!抱歉啊,我的钱是押在红人队上.