纽约英语口语网新版
士丹利英语口语
第 89 课: Are you enjoying your day off? 你的假期愉快吗?

Gimi: So, why aren't Yi-jun and Holly or your girlfriend here? 那么,为什么怡君和荷莉或你的女朋友没在这?

Taylor: Hey, this is a time for just the guys to be with the guys. 嘿,这是只有哥儿们混在一起的时间。

Gimi: So, the girls didn't want to come, huh? 那么这些女生不想来啰?

Taylor: Hold that thought. [to TV] C'mon Carter, make me proud! Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about! 你先等一下。(对电视)快呀,卡特,让我以你为荣!喔耶,我说这才象话!

Gimi: You might as well give up now. The Redskin defense isn't letting anything through today. 你现在或许该放弃了。红人队今天的防守是滴水不漏的。

Taylor: Wanna make a little side bet on that? 想要额外再打个赌吗?

Femi: Shish kabob? It's grilled meat and veggies on a stick. 来点烤羊肉串?就是烤肉和烤蔬菜串在一起。

Gimi: Sure, it looks tasty. Are you enjoying your day off? 好,看来很好吃。你的假期愉快吗?

Femi: Yes and no. It's hard to believe summer's over. The weather was terrific this year; we had so many grill parties and get-togethers. 算愉快,也不算愉快。真难相信夏天要结束了。今年的天气真好,我们办了好多烤肉派对和聚会。

Gimi: And now it's time to break out the coats and scarves. 而现在却到了该翻出外套和围巾的时刻。

Femi: Yeah, and the pools are closing and schools are starting again. But there is one good thing. 对呀,而且游泳池要关了,学校又要开学了。但有一件好事。

Gimi: Yeah? 什么?

Femi: There's always great bargains at the 3 back-to-school sales. 开学大拍卖上总有很划算的特价品。