纽约英语口语网新版
生活英语口语
第 11 课:Hospitals and Clinics 医院和门诊- 1

Are you all right? 你还好吗?

He’s not answering. 他没有回应。

Someone has passed out. 有人昏倒了。

That’s a nasty infection you have. 你得了严重的感染。

Is there anything you can give me to get rid of it, Doctor? 医生,有没有什么药可以治一治?

What floor is the pharmacy on? 药房在几楼?

We called her from the car. 我们在车上给她打了电话。

We’ll call her to make sure she’s on the way. 我们会给她打电话确信她已经来了。

It just came as such a surprise. 事情很突然。

The baby isn’t due for another two weeks. 预产期不在接下来这两周内。

A: Look, Jim. That man just fell down over there. 瞧,吉姆,那边有人摔下来了。

B: We better see if he’s o.k. 我们最好去看看他是否没事。

A: Sir…sir? Are you all right? Sir? 先生,先生,你还好吗?先生?

B: He’s not answering. You’d better check his pulse and breathing. 没有回应。检查一下他的脉搏和呼吸。

A: Oh, no. He’s not breathing, and there’s no pulse. Call 911. 喔,天,呼吸没有了,脉搏也停了。拨911。

B: Hello? Yes. Someone has passed out at Connecticut Ave. and 1st St. He isn’t breathing and does not have a pulse. Yes. My friend is performing CPR. OK. Thank you. They’re sending an ambulance. Here, let me help. 喂?是的,有人在康涅狄格大道和第一大街之间昏倒了,没有呼吸和脉搏。是的,我的朋友在给他做CPR.好的,谢谢你,他们正派了一辆急救车,来,我来帮手。

A: Well, Mr. Smith. That’s a nasty infection you have. 哦,史密斯先生,你得了严重的传染。

B: Yes. Is there anything you can give me to get rid of it, Doctor? 是,医生,有没有什么药可以治的?

A: I’m going to prescribe some antibiotics, and some cream to ease the itching and burning. 我给你开一些抗生素和一些药膏来止痒、减轻灼伤。

B: OK. Thank you. Where should I buy them? 好的,谢谢你。我在哪里买药?