纽约英语口语网新版
生活英语口语
第 11 课:Hospitals and Clinics 医院和门诊- 2

A: The pharmacy will give you a discount since you came to the clinic. 你来看过门诊,所以药房会给你一些折扣。

B: Great. What floor is the pharmacy on? 太好了,药房在几楼?

A: The fourth. I’ll send the prescription down there, so you can just pick it up on your way out. 四楼。我来开个处方,你出去的时候可以顺便拿去买药了。

B: Thank you. 谢谢你。

A: My wife is in labor! 我的妻子要生小孩了。

B: Here, Ma’am please get on the stretcher. 这里,女士,请到担架上来。

A: Is Doctor Hawkins here? She’s our doctor. We called her from the car. 霍金斯医生在这儿吗?她是我们的医生。我们在车上给她打了电话。

B: Calm down, sir. We’ll call her to make sure she’s on the way. 别急,先生。我们回答电话给她看她是否在路上。

A: Thanks. Sorry. It just came as such a surprise. The baby isn’t due for another two weeks. 谢谢。很抱歉,事情很突然。预产期不在接下来这两周内。

B: How long has she been in labor? 这样多久了?

A: About fifteen minutes. 大约15分钟。

B: O.K. Are you planning on being in the delivery room sir? 好的,你们打算去产房吗,先生?

A: Yes. 是的。

B: Please follow the nurse. She’ll get you ready. 请跟着护士去。她会为你们准备好的。

There is only one number in America to call for all emergencies, 911. 在美国遇到紧急事件,911是唯一可拨的电话号码。

When you call 911, you are asked if you need the police, the fire department, or an ambulance. 当你拨911后,电话里会有人问你是要找警察、消防队还是需要急救车。

For health emergencies, an ambulance is sent to your location and takes you to the hospital’s emergency room. 要是事关医疗紧急状况,急救车便会派往你所在的地址并且把你带去急救室。

At the emergency room, a nurse checks on your injury and assigns you a place in line to see the doctor. 在急救室,护士检查你的伤势并按顺序安排你看医生。

If you are truly dying, you will see the doctor right away. If you have a cut or a broken arm, you may need to wait. 如果病人接近死亡的话,医生便会马上赶来。如果只是被切伤或手臂摔伤,则需要等候。

In this way, the doctors are able to try to help the people who most need help. It is important to remember this and try to patient. 这样,医生才尽可能帮助最需要帮助的人。牢记这点非常重要,而且要切记耐心。