纽约英语口语网新版
生活英语口语
第 14 课:Training 培训- 2

A: Bonjour! 早上好。(法语)

B: What? 你说什么?

A: I said, “Bonjour!” 我说:早上好。

B: What’s wrong with you, Ted? 你怎么了,特德。

A: I’m speaking French. Don’t you know anything? 我在说法语,你不知道吗?

B: What’s wrong with speaking English? 说英语有什么不好吗?

A: Well, I just got back from my language school. We have to speak French all day there. No English allowed! 哦,我刚刚从语言学校回来。在那里我们成天说法语,不准说英语。

B: What are you doing that for? 为什么要这样呢?

A: I’m trying to learn new skills. It makes me more qualified for a good job. 我想学一点新的技能。这可以让我更有资格胜任一个好的工作。

B: Good for you. 好得很。

A: What are you studying all day long for? It’s summer vacation! 你成天学习为了什么?这可是暑假。

B: I know! I hate it! But I’m taking this crash course in math. 我知道。我也不想呀。可是我上了数学的速成班。

A: Why? 为什么?

B: I have to take my exams for getting into the university, so I need to prepare. 我需要参加大学入学考试。所以需要准备一下。

A: Do you think it will help? 你觉得有用吗?

B: It has to! I’ve been studying every day, eight hours a day! I don’t know, but the school has a great success record. 一定要有用才行。我可是每天都在学习,一天八小时。我也不清楚,但是这所学校以往成绩很好。

A: Hmm…Maybe I should sign up too. 嗯,可能我也要去报名了。

B: I’ll pick up an application form for you at school tomorrow. 我明天去学校给你领一张申请表。

Last year I worked as a counselor at a summer camp. It was quite an experience! 去年我在一个夏令营做辅导员。那真是一次美好的经历。

My main duties included looking after the campers and leading hiking excursions. 我主要的工作任务是照看营员,同时组织短途徒步旅行。

There were lots of challenges. Many of the campers became ill or homesick. Others had trouble following the rules.这可是十分具有挑战性。有很多营员不是生病就是想家,还有一些成员则无法遵守规定。

Yet despite those problems, I felt I was making a difference in these kids’ lives, molding them in some way. 只是除了这些问题难办,我觉得我给这些小孩子的生活带来了变化,在某些方面给他们进行了塑造。

I love thinking about those nights in front of the campfire, singing songs together, looking at the stars. I hope they got as much from the summer as I did. 我喜欢回想在营火前的那几个晚上,一起唱歌,看星星。我希望他们和我一样收获良多。