A: Ok, Mr. Smith. Do you have any bags to check? 哦,史密斯先生,你有什么行李要托运的吗?
B: Just this one. 就这一个。
A: And would you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat? 你想要一个靠窗的位子,还是靠过道的。
B: Aisle, please. 靠过道的。
A: Boarding time is 10:20am. 登机时间是上午10点20分。
B: What’s the gate number? 在几号门?
A: Gate 29C. Have a nice flight. 29C。祝您航程愉快。
A: Can I help you? 我能为您效劳吗?
B: Yes, do you have any rooms available? 是的,你们还有房间吗?
A: A single? 单人间吗?
B: No. I need a double and three triples. My family is waiting for me in the car. 不是,我需要一个双人间和三个三人间。我家人在车里等我。
A: Please fill out this form, sir. 请填一下这张表,先生。
B: Ok…Here you are. 好的。给你。
A: Here are your keys. Check out time is noon. 这是钥匙。退房时间是中午。
B: Is breakfast included? 包早餐吗?
A: No. 不包括在内。
Traveling involves so much stress! Preparation is especially hard - trying to arrange the transportation, accommodation, and time off from work.旅行的压力太大了。准备工作尤其艰难,要安排交通、食宿,还要告假。
Packing isn’t easy. How can you possibly know everything you may or may not need in a place that’s largely unknown to you? 行李收拾也不容易。在一个你一无所知的地方,你怎么可能预料什么对你有用什么又对你没用?
Assuming you ever reach your destination, you have to communicate with people who often don’t speak your language and you have to navigate your way around an area you have no idea about.假设你到达你的目的地,你必须和那些通常不和你讲同一国语言的人交流。还要在一个你毫不熟悉的地方探路。
How are you supposed to relax under such conditions? And all that money you’re spending! For what? I don’t get it at all. 在这样的情况下你怎么可能放松?还有,想想旅行要花的钱!这到底是为了什么?我可不知道。