纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 100 课:Let me try that. 让我试试。

STEVEN: Start with your line. 你先说吧。

DIANA: And left the lights on? You know he never wastes a penny. 不关灯就走了? 你知道他从不浪费一分钱。

TONY: Maybe he went home, Diana. Maybe he left a note for you - 或许他回家了, 戴安娜。或许他给你留了便条——

STEVEN: No, Jeff. Don't be as serious as that. OK? 停, 杰夫。不要那么严肃, 好吗?

JEFF: Right. Got it. 好, 知道了。

STEVEN: Start with your line. 从你那儿开始吧?

TONY: And left the lights on? 不关灯就走了?

MARY BETH/DIANA: Wait a minute, Jeff. That's not your line. It's mine. And left the lights on? You know he never wastes a penny. 等等, 杰夫。那不是你的台词, 是我的。不关灯就走了? 你知道他从不浪费一分钱。

TONY: Maybe he went home, Diana. Maybe he left a note- 或许他回家了, 戴安娜。或许他给你留了便条——

STEVEN: No. No. No. Jeff, your reaction is different from Diana's. You should be calmer than Diana. You're not as worried as she is. 停, 停, 停, 杰夫。你的反应与戴安娜的不同。你应该比戴安娜冷静, 你不应该像她那样担心。

JEFF: What is it? 那应该怎样?

STEVEN: Look, Jeff, be as calm as you can. 瞧, 杰夫, 尽可能地冷静。

MARY BETH: Steven, just a thought. If Diana is worried, doesn't she want some reassurance from Tony? 史蒂文, 想想看。如果戴安娜很担心, 她不是想从托尼那儿得到一些安慰吗?

JEFF: Let me try that. 让我试试。

STEVEN: OK, fine. Anything. 好, 可以。怎么都行。

DIANA: And left the lights on? You know he never wastes a penny. 不关灯就走了? 你知道他从不浪费一分钱。

TONY: Maybe he went home, Diana. Maybe he left a note for you. 或许他回家了, 戴安娜。或许他给你留了便条。

STEVEN: Good, good. Keep going. 很好, 很好, 继续。

TONY: Why don't we try to call him at home? 我们干嘛不往他家里打个电话?
TONY: What is it?! 怎么了?