纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 116 课:You're kidding. 开玩笑吧。

JEFF: How can I help? 怎么帮?

STEVEN: Jeff, you are the most important person on the set right now. If you try harder, we can go faster. 杰夫, 目前你是剧组里最重要的人物。如果你努把力, 我们就能进行得快点儿了。

JEFF: OK. But let me act. Don't tell me exactly how to say my lines. 行, 但是得让我演。别只是告诉我该怎么说我的台词。

STEVEN: OK, that's fair. But I hope you can make this show special. And I need to move faster. 好的, 就这么定了。但我希望你能使这部戏不同凡响。我还想进度快点儿。

JEFF: OK, Steven. I'll do the best I can. 好的, 史蒂文。我会尽力的。

STEVEN: Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate it. Now, can you tell me more about Hollywood? 谢谢, 杰夫, 我很感谢。现在, 你可以给我再讲讲好莱坞的事吗?

JEFF: Hi. 嗨!

AMY: Oh, hi. What are you doing here? 噢, 嗨。你在这儿干什么?

JEFF: What are you doing here? 你在这儿干什么?

AMY: I'm buying a flashlight. Last night there wasn't any electricity in my building. 我买个手电筒。昨晚我们楼里没电。

JEFF: You're kidding. 开玩笑吧。

AMY: No, I'm not. There wasn't any water either. 不, 我没开玩笑。还停水了呢。

JEFF: Why? What happened? 为什么? 发生什么事了?

AMY: There's some construction next door. They cut our wires by mistake and then broke the water pipe. 旁边有人搞基建。他们不小心切断了我们的电缆, 后来又弄裂了水管。

JEFF: Well, I knew you didn't have any telephone service. 嗯, 我还知道你的电话也断了。

AMY: How did you know that? 你怎么知道的?

JEFF: I tried to call you. 我给你打过电话。