纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 119 课:Nothing is easy. 没有一帆风顺的事。

STEVEN: I'm sure no one took it, Rita. Why don't you look in the prop room? 我肯定没人拿它, 丽塔。你为什么不去看看道具间呢?

RITA: Something always goes wrong. : 总要出点差错。

STEVEN: Nothing is easy. 没有一帆风顺的事。

RITA: Here it is. I moved it when I made up Mary Beth. I'm sorry. 儿呢。我给玛丽.贝思化妆时把照片挪了个地儿。对不起。

STEVEN: It's all right. It wasn't anyone's fault. Let's get on with it. OK, everyone? 没关系。不是谁的错。让我们继续吧。大家准备好了吗?

TONY: Diana, I think it's best if we forget about this for a while. Let the detectives do their work. This is upsetting you too much. 戴安娜, 我想我们最好暂时忘了它吧。让侦探来办这事。这事弄得你太难受了。

STEVEN: Ring. 电话铃响了。

DIANA: Hello?. . . Yes, he's here. It's for you. 喂?...... 是的, 他在这儿。你的电话。

TONY: Yes? . . . I see. Really? . . . OK. Thanks. Bye. 喂?...... 我明白了。真的吗?...... 好的。谢谢。再见。

DIANA: Who was that? 谁呀?

TONY: No one important. 不是什么要紧的人

DIANA: Tony, it was someone. You spoke to someone. Who was it? 托尼, 肯定是什么人。你刚才跟某个人说话。他是谁?

TONY: It was a friend from the paper. 他是报社的一个朋友。

DIANA: What did he want? 他有什么事?

TONY: Nothing. 没什么。