温哥华英语口语 第 125 课:Come on, Charles. 来呀, 查尔斯。 MIKE: Come on, Charles. 来呀, 查尔斯。
CHARLES : Hey, wait a minute. Slow down. This isn't the big time. 嗨, 等一会儿。慢点儿。还不到剧烈运动的时候。
MIKE: Hey, maybe you should take a break. 嗨, 也许你应该休息一会儿。
CHARLES : No, I'm OK. 不用, 我还行。
MIKE: Are you sure you're OK? Hey, you'd better sit down. 你确信你还行吗? 嗨, 你最好坐下来。
CHARLES : Yeah. I'm a little dizzy. I have to stop for a minute. 好的。我有点儿头晕。我得停一会儿。
MIKE: You know, Charles, you should start taking better care of yourself. 你知道, 查尔斯, 你真该好好照顾一下你自己了。
CHARLES : Yeah, yeah. 好的, 好的。
MIKE: No. Look. I'm your friend and I can tell you. You'd better get in shape, or you're going to have a heart attack. 不。瞧。我是你的朋友, 我得告诉你。你最好恢复恢复体型, 否则你会得心脏病的。
CHARLES : Yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe I should get in shape. So how does the show look to you? 是, 也许你是对的。也许我是该恢复一下体形了。那么这部戏你看怎么样?
MIKE: It looks good to me. What do you think? 我觉得不错。你怎么想?
CHARLES : I think Steven had better finish the show soon. 我想史蒂文最好快点结束这部戏。
MIKE: Linda told him he'd better not be late. He has to finish this week. 琳达告诉他最好别晚了。他必须这星期结束。
CHARLES : So what are you going to do after Friday? 那么周五以后你打算干什么?
MIKE: I'm going to photograph a news show. 我打算拍摄一部新闻片。
CHARLES : What about Jeff? Is he going to be happy in Stamford? 杰夫怎么样? 他在斯坦福德会愉快吗?
MIKE: I don't know and I don't think Jeff knows. I guess he'd better decide soon. Maybe we'd better not play anymore, Charles. I'm worried about you. 我不知道, 我想杰夫也不知道。我想他最好尽快做决定。也许我们最好别玩儿了, 查尔斯。我很担心你。
CHARLES : OK. I'll see you later, Mike. I'd better lose some weight. . . fast. 好的, 一会儿见, 迈克。我最好减减肥...... 快点儿。