温哥华英语口语 第 128 课:Mmm. I love cake. 嗯, 我喜欢蛋糕。 JEFF: This is very nice, Amy. . . When I was in California, I never had picnics. 这太棒了, 艾米....... 我在加利福尼亚时, 从没野餐过。
AMY: What made you come back? 什么使你回来了呢?
AMY: Fried chicken, coleslaw, carrots, celery, rolls, wine. 炸鸡, 凉拌卷心菜, 胡萝卜, 芹菜, 面包圈, 葡萄酒。
JEFF: Ah-hah! What's this? 啊哈! 这是什么?
AMY: You mustn't eat that now. It's for dessert. 你现在不能吃。那是饭后甜点。
JEFF: Mmm. I love cake. 嗯, 我喜欢蛋糕。
AMY: Jeff! 杰夫!
JEFF: OK. You'd better put it away somewhere, or I'll eat it. 好吧。你最好把它收起来,否则我会吃了它的。
AMY: You'd better just keep your hands off it. 你最好把手拿开。
JEFF: Ooooh, she gets tough. 唔, 她变得厉害了。
AMY: I have to be tough with you. You're a tough kind of guy. 对你我不得不厉害点。你是个难对付的家伙。
JEFF: Actually, I'm very sweet. Like this cake. 事实上我是很甜蜜的。就像这块蛋糕。
AMY: I wonder. 我想知道.
JEFF: What? 什么?
AMY: I'd better not say. I don't want to get into trouble. 我最好不说了吧。我可不想自寻烦恼。
JEFF: Come on. 说吧。
AMY: So. . . you think you're going to stay in Stamford. . . and be happy here? 那么... 你认为你将呆在斯坦福德⋯⋯ 而且在这儿会很快乐吗?
JEFF: Everyone keeps asking me that. . . Do you want me to stay? 每个人都不停地问我那个问题...... 你想让我呆在这儿吗?
AMY: Yes, I do, Jeff. . . It's funny, but I feel like. . . . we're old friends. 是的,杰夫... 这似乎很好笑, 但我觉得...我们好像是老朋友。
JEFF: I know what you mean. 我知道你的意思。