纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 133 课:No. I came to see you. 不。我来找的就是你。

DIANA: Mr. Tate. 泰特先生。

PHILIP: Diana, I'm sorry to surprise you. Could we talk to you for a minute? 戴安娜, 很抱歉让你受惊了。我能跟你说会儿话吗?

DIANA: Well, OK. 嗯, 好的。

PHILIP: Victor is an art dealer from New York. He's looking for things to sell in his shop. 维克多是个从纽约来的艺术品交易商。他正在为自己的商店找一些艺术品出售。

DIANA: I could give you the names of art dealers in Stamford. 我可以提供给你斯坦福德艺术品交易商们的名字。

VICTOR: No. I came to see you. 不。我来找的就是你。

PHILIP: Let's get right to the point. Victor wants to buy Indian objects. Could you sell some of the items from the museum? 让我们开门见山地说吧。维克多想买些印第安文物。你能出售博物馆的一些藏品吗?

DIANA: No. I couldn't sell you any Indian objects. My uncle never gave any to me. He gave everything to the museum. 不。我不能卖给你任何印第安文物。我叔叔什么都没有给过我。他全给博物馆了。

VICTOR: Think hard. I can pay you well. 仔细想想。我可以付高价。

DIANA: No. I couldn't sell you anything if I wanted to. And I don't want to. 不。即使我想卖, 我也不能卖给你任何东西。而且我也不想卖。

PHILIP: Well. Let's be on our way, then. Good night, Diana. 好吧。那么我们走吧。晚安, 戴安娜。

DIANA: Good night. 晚安。

TONY: Anybody here? 有人吗?

DIANA: Oh, Tony. Come in. 哦, 托尼, 进来吧。

TONY: I know the secret of the treaty. 我知道条约的秘密了。

DIANA: Really? Why don't we close the door? 真的? 我们为什么不把门关上呢?