温哥华英语口语 第 140 课:I came to see Jeff. 我来找杰夫。 JEFF: Hello. May I speak to Dr. Carrano, please? . . . Yes, this is Jeff Bennett
returning his call. . . He's with a patient? . . . Can he call me back? I'm at a pay phone. The number is 555-9427. 喂, 请找一下卡里诺医生, 好吗?......是的,我是杰夫.班纳特, 他让我给他回电话...... 和病人在一起吗?......他能给我回电话吗? 我正在打投币电话, 号码是555-9247。
JEFF: I can't believe this is happening. When I came back to Stamford, I felt like a kid again. Everything was so nice and easy. The family. The old friends. Mom. . . and Dad. Why didn't I spend more time with Dad?真不敢相信这事儿发生了, 当我回到斯坦福德时, 我觉得自己又像个孩子了。所有的事情都是那么好而且容易。家庭, 老朋友,妈妈......和爸爸。为什么我不多陪陪爸爸呢?
JEFF: Dr. Carrano? . . . Thanks for calling me back. Listen, I'm at Stamford Memorial Hospital, and my father just had a heart attack. . . His doctor's name is Kim, Do you know her? . . . Is she a good doctor? . . . Oh, she is a good doctor. Great. . . Yes, after I speak to Dr. Kim, I'll call you. . . Thanks . Talk to you later. 卡里诺医生?....... 谢谢你给你回电话。听着, 我现在大斯坦福德纪念医院。我的父亲刚刚心脏病发作了......他的医生叫金, 你认识她吗? 噢,她是个好医生,太好了......是的, 我与金医生谈过之后,我再给你打电话...... 谢谢, 以后再与你谈。
AMY: Mrs. Bennett? 班纳特夫人?
MRS. BENNETT: Yes? 什么事?
AMY: I don't know if you remember me. I'm Amy Monroe. I went to high school with Jeff.We're friends. 我不知道您是否记得我。我是艾米.门罗。我和杰夫一起上的高中, 我们是朋友。
MRS. BENNETT: Oh, oh, yes. 噢, 噢, 记起来了。
AMY: I'm so sorry about Mr. Bennett. 关于班纳特先生, 我感到很难过。
MRS. BENNETT: Thank you. Why are you here? 谢谢你, 你怎么来了?
AMY: I came to see Jeff. 我来找杰夫。
MRS. BENNETT: Oh. 噢。
AMY: Um, do you know where he is? 嗯, 你知道他在哪儿吗?
MRS. BENNETT: He went to make some phone calls. If you wait here, he'll be right back. 他去打电话了, 在这儿等一下吧, 他一会儿就回来了。
AMY: Thank you. 谢谢。