纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 154 课:How was the rehearsal? 排练得怎么样?

MRS. BENNETT: I hope so. How are you? 希望如此。你好吗?

JEFF: I'm fine. I rehearsed today. 我很好。我今天排练了。

MR. BENNETT: How was the rehearsal? 排练得怎么样?

JEFF: I had to work very hard. 我必须得非常努力地工作。

MRS. BENNETT: Dinner should be ready in a few minutes. I have to make special dinners for your father now. He's on a diet. Oh, I have to give him his medicine. 晚饭一会儿就好。我现在得为你爸爸准备专门的饭菜, 他正在节食。噢, 我得给他吃药了。

JEFF: You look tired. What did you do today? 你看起来很累, 今天做什么了?

MRS. BENNETT: I had to do a lot of errands. First I had to go to the grocery store and buy things for dinner. Then I had to buy some medicine for your father. Then I had to return some books to the library. 我干了许多跑腿儿的事儿。先是去食品杂货店买了些东西用来做晚饭, 然后给你爸买了点药, 然后去图书馆还书。

JEFF: What a busy day!. . . Can I go see Dad now ? 这一天可真忙!....... 我现在能看看爸爸吗?

MRS. BENNETT: Sure. He's awake. 当然。他醒着呢。

JEFF: Is the nurse with him? 护士和他在一起吗?

MRS. BENNETT: No. I sent her home an hour ago. 不, 我一小时前让她回家了。

JEFF: Can I come in? 我能进来吗?

MR. BENNETT: Come in, Jeff. 进来, 杰夫。

JEFF: What's that? 那是什么?

MR. BENNETT: These are old pictures and scrapbooks. I was thinking about the Bennett family. 这是一些旧照片与剪贴簿。我正在回忆班纳特家族呢。

JEFF: Ah, the old Bennetts. 啊, 是班纳特家庭的老辈人呀。

MR. BENNETT: They were a tough bunch. . . Look, here's my great-great-grandfather Patrick. 他们是意志坚强的人......看, 这是我祖父的祖父, 帕特里克。

JEFF: Didn't he have to leave Ireland when he was only sixteen? 他在十六岁时就不得不离开爱尔兰, 是吗?