纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 158 课:They're different. 这两个不同。

TONY: This is a photo of the real treaty. Look at this mark. 这是真条约的照片, 看看这个印记。

TONY: Now look at the mark on this. 现在再看看这上面的印记。

DETECTIVE STONE: They're different. 这两个不同。

TONY: Exactly. This is a fake. Someone stole the real treaty. 确实, 这是个赝品, 有人偷了真的条约。

DIANA: The man who stole the treaty is the same man who killed my uncle. And I know who it is. 这个偷条约的人就是杀害我叔叔的人, 我知道他是谁。

DETECTIVE STONE: You mean, you think you know who it is. 你的意思是, 你认为你知道谁是凶手。

DIANA: Detective Stone, I know who the killer is. . . It's Victor Chapman. 斯通侦探,我知道凶手是谁...... 是维克多.查普曼。

DETECTIVE STONE: Victor Chapman? The famous art dealer? I can't arrest him. 维克多.查普曼? 著名的艺术品经销商? 我不能逮捕他。

TONY: Why not? 为什么不能?

DETECTIVE STONE: I don't have any evidence. Was Victor ever seem with the treaty? 我没有任何证据。有人见过维克多拿了条约吗?

DIANA: No, he wasn't. 不, 没有。

DETECTIVE STONE: Then you don't know that he stole it. And you shouldn't interfere with police work. 那你就不知道是他偷了条约, 而且你不应该打扰警察的工作。

DIANA: We were just looking for clues. 我们只是在寻找线索。

TONY: We were hoping to help. I guess we were wrong. 我们只是希望能有所帮助。我想我们是错了。

DIANA: We know you weren't working on the murder last week. 我们知道你上周没有在办这个案子。

DETECTIVE STONE: I wasn't sleeping on the job. I had to work on a robbery case. I had to go to court. And right now I have to get some sleep. . . Look, I'll start to work on your uncle's murder in the morning. All right? Good night. 我不是在拖延这个案子, 我得破一个抢劫案, 我得去法庭, 而且, 现在我得睡一会儿...... 听着, 明天早上我开始办你叔叔这个案子, 好吗? 晚安。

DIANA: Good night, Detective. 晚安, 侦探。

TONY: It's up to us . 这件事得指望我们自己了。

DIANA: We'll find the killer. . . And I know where to look. 我们会找到凶手的...... 我知我们必须自己破案, 查出凶手。