纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 159 课:Oh, yes. They're old friends. 认识。他们是老朋友了。

DIANA: Detective Stone will be here in a few minutes. He's fooling himself if he thinks Victor Chapman is innocent. 斯通侦探几分钟后到这儿。如果他认为维克多.查普曼是清白的话, 他是在欺骗自己。

TONY: The police are too slow. We'll have to solve the murder ourselves. 警察的行动太慢了。我们得自己破这个案子。

DIANA: Then we have to find more evidence. 那我们得找到更多的证据。

TONY: Maybe Victor Chapman didn't make the fake treaty himself. Maybe somebody made it for him. 或许, 维克多.查普曼不是自己造的那个假条约, 或许是有人替他做的。

DIANA: Philip Tate! Of course! He could do it. 菲利普. 泰特! 当然是他! 他有条件做。

TONY: Does Victor Chapman know Tate? 维克多.查普曼认识泰特吗?

DIANA: Oh, yes. They're old friends. 认识。他们是老朋友了。

TONY: I think Victor Chapman and Mr. Tate are partners. 我想维克多. 查普曼和泰特先生是同谋。

DIANA: Partners in crime? Why didn't I think of that? 同案犯? 我怎么没想到这点呢?

TONY: Give yourself a break, Diana. They were very careful. 你休息一会儿吧, 戴安娜。他们很谨慎。

DIANA: There must be one thing they forgot to hide. 肯定有他们忘了藏的东西。

DIANA: Tony, look. Maybe the fake treaty was made with these. Someone practiced Indian marks with this pen and ink. 托尼, 你看, 或许假条约就是用这些东西做的。有人用这只笔和墨水练过画印第安印记。

TONY: And he used the wrong mark. But how do we prove it? 但是他用错了印记。可是我们怎么证实这点呢?

PHILIP: Oh, I didn't expect to find anyone here. I'll come back later. 噢, 我没想到这儿会有人, 我晚点再来。

TONY: Wait a minute. We want to talk to you. 等一下, 我们想与你谈谈。

PHILIP: Yes? 什么?