第 173 课:When are you closing the deal? 有关这事的谈判何时完成?
Jake: Mr. Larkin, I'm Jake Seltzer of WEFL television. We know you're meeting with James Brady of NIT. 拉金先生, 我是WEFL 电视台的杰克.萨尔茨。我们知道你将与NIT的詹姆斯.布朗迪会面。
What do you think about a merger between NIT and International Computer? 你认为NIT 和国际计算机公司的合并会怎样?
Larkin : What? 什么?
Jake: Are you thinking about a merger between the two companies? 你是否正在考虑两个公司的合并?
Larkin : Well, yes. I think I can tell you now. You're the first to know about the merger between International Computer and NIT. 嗯, 是的。我想现在可以告诉你了。你是最先知道NIT 和国际计算机公司合并的。
I'm proud to say that this is one of the largest mergers in history. It's also one of the best. 我很骄傲地宣布这是历史上最大的, 也是最好的合并。
Jake: When are you closing the deal? 有关这事的谈判何时完成?
Larkin : We are closing the deal next month. 我们下个月完成。
Jake:So the merger takes place next month? 那么,下个月进行合并。
Larkin : Yes. It'll take place in December. 是的, 将在十二月进行。
Jake: You seem happy about the merger. 看来你对两家的合并感到很开心。
Larkin : I'm very happy. NIT and International Computer will become one of the biggest and best computer companies in the world. 我确实非常高兴。NIT 和国际计算机公司合并后将成世界上最大和最好的计算机公司之一。
Jake: I know. I understand that you're going to be President of the new company? 我知道。我听说你将出任新公司的总裁?
Larkin : Yes. Yes, I take over as President in January. 是的。嗯, 我将在一月份接管公司, 出作总裁。
Jake: Where will the new company be located? 新公司将坐落在什么地方?
Larkin : We'll move the new company to the Midwest in February. 我们将在二月把新公司搬到中西部去。
Jake: This is one of the largest mergers in history--a merger between International Computer and NIT. 这是历史上最大的合并之一—— 国际计算机公司和NIT 的合作。
Next month Larkin and Brady close the deal. The merger takes place in December. 下个月拉金和布朗迪将完成有关事宜。合并在十二月进行。