纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 242 课: So tell me, what's up? 好吧, 告诉我, 什么事?

Connie : Hi, Steven. Do you have a minute? 嗨, 史蒂文, 你有空吗?

Steven: Well, not really. What's up? 嗯, 其实没什么空, 你有事吗?

Connie : Can I talk to you about something? I'd rather not wait. 我可以和你谈谈吗? 我不想再拖了。

Steven: Sure, Connie. Come in. 当然可以, 康妮, 进来坐。

Steven: So tell me, what's up? 好吧, 告诉我, 什么事?

Connie : Well, I know you're not completely happy here at WEFL. 嗯, 我知道你在WEFL 干得不是十分开心。

Steven: I'm happy working with everyone here, but I need to make more money. 我和这里的每个人合作得都很愉快, 但我需要赚更多的钱。

Connie : A friend of mine works at a station in Hartford. She told me they're looking for a producer for their weekend news show. The money is good. I thought you might be interested. 我的一个朋友在哈特福德一个电视台工作。她告诉我他们那里需要一个周末新闻的制片人, 薪水很高, 我想你可能感兴趣。

Steven: Hartford? That's one and a half hours away. I'd rather not drive that far to get to work. I'd rather live near the office. 哈特福德? 到那儿开车得一个半小时呢。我可不愿意开车去那么远的地方上班, 我宁愿住得离上班的地方近点。

Connie : Maybe you could move to Hartford. 也许你可以搬到哈特福德去住。

Steven: I'd rather not move right now. Also, this job is for a weekend news show ? Probably the producer has to work on the weekends, right? 我不想马上搬家, 而且这个工作是做周末新闻, 是吗? 制片人很有可能得在周末工作, 对吗?

Connie : Right. Would you rather get a new job or have your weekends free? 是啊, 你是想要这个新工作, 还是想周末不上班呢?

Steven: I'd rather have my weekends free. You know, with the baby and all. . . I read about a job not far from Stamford. Producer of a radio show. 我宁愿周末不上班。你知道的, 孩子还有所有的事...... 我在报上看到有份工作离斯坦福德不远, 是一个电台节目制片人的工作。

Connie : Would you rather work in television or radio? 你愿意在电台还是在电视台工作?

Steven: I'd rather work in television. . . I read about another job for a journalism teacher in Stamford. 我愿意在电视台工作...... 我在报上还看到另外一份在斯坦福德当新闻教师的工作。

Connie : Do you want to teach? 你想教书啦?

Steven: Teachers have long summer vacations. That's nice. I'd rather not make a big career change now. I like what I'm doing. 老师有很长的暑假, 挺不错的。我现在不愿意在事业上有太大的变动, 我挺喜欢现在的职业。

Connie : Steven, do you want to stay here or would you rather make more money? 史蒂文, 你是想继续呆在这儿, 还是想赚更多的钱呢?

Steven: I'd rather make more money. No, I need to make more money. 我想赚更多的钱, 不能这样说: 应该是, 我需要赚更多的钱。

Connie : Sorry I can't help more. 抱歉, 我帮不上你什么忙了。