纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 251 课:Would you hire new people? 你会雇新员工吗?

Sam: Remember that station in California I told you about? 还记得我以前跟你说过加利福尼亚的那个电视台吗?

Maria : Sure. 当然记得。

Sam: Well, the owner called me yesterday. He's ready to sell. 是这样, 昨天那里的老板我打电话, 他想把那个电视台卖了。

Maria : Great. 太棒了。

Sam: Yes, but his price is very high. Maria, do you think I should buy that station? 的确不错, 但价钱太高, 你认为我应该买那家电视台吗?

Maria : Yes, I do. But if I were you, I'd make a lower offer. 当然。但如果我是你, 我会出低一点儿的价。

Sam: I don't think he'll accept a lower offer. 我认为他们可能不会接受更低的报价。

Maria : Then if I were you, I'd pay his price. It's a very good station. In a few years, it'll be very big. I wouldn't miss his chance to buy it. 那, 如果我是你, 我就出这个价买。这个电视台非常不错。几年后, 它的规模会很大。如果我是你就不会错过这个机会。

Sam: Have you seen their news show ? Do you think it's a good show ? 你看过他们的新闻节目吗? 你认为那个节目好吗?

Maria : Yes, I think it's very good. 看过, 我认为非常不错。

Sam: If I bought this station, how could I improve the show? 如果我买了这家电视台, 应该怎样提高节目的质量呢?

Maria : If I were you, I wouldn't make any changes at first. I'd wait a few months. 如果我是你, 开始我不会做任何变化。我会等上几个月。

Sam: You would? 是吗?

Maria : Yes. I'd spend some time at the station. I'd follow the ratings. Then, after I learned everything about the show, I'd think about changes. 是的, 我会花一些时间在这个电视台上, 跟踪它的收视率。然后当我了解了节目的每个环节后, 我会想着做些改变。

Sam: Would you hire new people? 你会雇新员工吗?

Maria : No, I wouldn't hire new people at first. I wouldn't fire anyone. I'd wait. 不, 我不会一开始就雇新员工。我也不解雇任何人, 我会等等看。

Sam: Good advice, Maria. So, if you were me, you would buy the new station. 好建议, 玛丽亚。那么如果你是我, 你会买这家电视台吗?