纽约英语口语网新版
温哥华英语口语
第 81 课: You didn't have to tell me that. 你不必告诉我这些。

John: Did you every try being a newscaster? 你曾试着做过新闻播音员吗?

Carol: Yes. I did. But that was a long time ago. 是的, 我试过, 但那是很久以前的事了。

John: Did you like it? 你喜欢做新闻播音员吗?

Carol: I loved it, but I wasn't very good at it. 我喜欢, 但我不是很擅长。

John: You should try again. A job is opening up, you know. 但你应该再试一下。你知道, 有一个工作机会来了。

Carol: That's true. 是啊。

Jake: What's true? 是怎么样啊?

John: That Carol is good. 卡罗挺不错的。

Jake: You didn't have to tell me that. 你不必告诉我这些。

John: Think about it Carol. See you later, Jake. 考虑一下吧, 卡罗。回头见, 杰克。

Jake: Did you hear that John is leaving? 你听说约翰要走了吗?

Carol: Yes, I did. Did you talk to Mike? 是的, 我听说了。你跟迈克说了吗?

Jake: No. I don't know where he is. Now, what can I do? 没有, 我不知道他在哪儿, 现在我能做些什么?

Carol: Don't worry. I talked to him and I fixed the tape. I added the part with the man smoking. 别担心, 我同他讲过了, 我还修好了带子。我加上了那男士吸烟的部分。

Jake: Did I tell you you're terrific? 我没有跟随你说过你很棒吗?

Carol: No, you didn't. 没有, 你没说过。

Jake: Well, I think you're terrific , Carol. 卡罗, 我认为你很棒。

Jake: I'm standing in front of Louie's Seaside Restaurant. Some people are unhappy about the new smoking law. 我站在路易斯海滨饭店门前。有些人对这项新的吸烟法很不满。