- 221
Speaking of child abandonment,
说起放弃孩子的事
- 222
when are you gonna tell your father
你怎么跟你父亲说
- 223
that he has a bouncing, middle-aged baby girl?
他有一个被遗弃的中年女儿?
- 224
Soon. I don't wanna ambush him. I'm gonna ease into it.
快了 我不想吓着他 我想慢慢来
- 225
How do you ease into, "hi. I'm your illegitimate daughter"?
你怎么能说"嗨 我是你私生女"而不吓到他?
- 226
Well, actually, there's a "help wanted" sign
实际上他贴了招人的告示
- 227
in the window, so I was thinking about getting a job there.
所以我想去那里工作
- 228
And you know, he would get to know me,
这样他就能了解我
- 229
and I'm sure he would like me and I would like him,
然后我就能知道他是不是喜欢我 我是不是喜欢他
- 230
and then one day, he'd say,
然后有一天他会说
- 231
"you're like the daughter I never had,"
你是我女儿该多好啊
- 232
and I'd say, "well, actually, now that you mention it..."
我就说 哈 被你说中了
- 233
Okay, I'll go first.
好吧 我先说
- 234
That is the most idiotic plan I've ever heard of.
这是我听过的最天方夜谈的计划
- 235
Why?
为什么?
- 236
Because it all hinges on him responding to your personality.
因为要他有这样的反应都取决于你的个性魅力
- 237
And let's face it, you are an acquired taste.
面对现实把 你不那么讨人喜欢
- 238
Edie, I am sure Susan's father will like her just fine.
伊迪 我相信苏姗的父亲会喜欢她
- 239
Thank you.
谢谢
- 240
I just hope you don't expect too much from this relationship.
我想你最好不要抱太大希望